Sunday, April 21, 2019

Oh Oh it’s Homemade Spaghettios


Homemade Spaghettios, I know what you are thinking, something must not be quite right here. This is a nostalgic food that many of us grew up eating. Now you can make some with this easy to prepare copycat recipes.


Perhaps just like you I grew up enjoying an occasional can of this treat. My Mom was a stay at home Mom most of the time. So she would always cook, or she would let me cook. A can of Spaghettios was a treat; those were sometimes tucked into a thermos into my metal lunch box. I sometimes would get a can of these at the grocery store when we would go shopping.

As an adult, it is hard to go back and enjoy treats that we all enjoyed as a child. To be honest, when I have tried a can nowadays, I have a hard time enjoying these, but when I saw someone do a version of these on Youtube, I knew I should try to tackle these.

The first challenge in this recipe is the pasta. The O’s, are challenging, but you can overcome these. I have two options the first is Anelli Sicilani 60 A, I purchased this pasta at Kroger. If you can’t find the pasta you can cook rigatoni, when the rigatoni is cooked you can slice is into small pieces, the slices of the rigatoni will make the “Os.”

The sauce is very easy to prepare; you are going to need 2 10 ounce cans of cream of tomato soup. Where the real flavor comes, is would be the meatballs. I made tiny little meatballs that were full of flavor. By using somewhat lean beef I did not drain the ground meat when I cooked it, so it gave the sauce lots of character.

Oh Oh it's Homemade Spaghettios

You can make great tasting some Spaghettios at home.

Print Pin Rate

Course: Main Course

Cuisine: American

Keyword: Spaghettios

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Servings: 4

Calories: 514kcal

Ingredients

1 pound ground beef 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning5 ounces pasta Anelli Siciliani or Rigatoni or Ditalini 20 ounces cream of tomato soup 2 cans

Instructions

In a medium-sized bowl combine ground beef, salt, ground black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine. 

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Make small meatballs with about 1 teaspoon of ground beef. Brown the meatballs. The meatballs should take just about a minute or two on each side. 

While the meatballs are cooking cook the pasta. If you are using rigatoni, slice the pasta into 1/4 inch slices. In a large pot add the tomato soup, and one can that is filled with water. Add meatballs and heat through. Add pasta and stir gently. Serve immediately.

Nutrition

Calories: 514kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 903mg | Potassium: 1181mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 11.1% | Vitamin C: 22.2% | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 19.9%




Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment