Sunday, April 21, 2019

Peppermint Choc-chip Iceblocks

[ad_1]

These Peppermint Choc-chip Iceblocks are currently my sons favourite snack and I’m not complaining. They take literally minutes to make and don’t require the oven which in QLD summer, is a godsend. Plus, all that goodness disguised in this tasty iceblock, what more could you want from an icy treat?

I freeze these in my Onyx stainless steel iceblock moulds. I also freeze them in little containers so the kids can pack them in their lunchbox. By morning tea they are soft enough to scoop out and eat easily.

Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit any specific dietary requirements.

Peppermint Choc-chip Iceblocks

These Peppermint Choc-chip Ice-blocks are quick and oh so easy to make and crammed with so much nourishment. And super delicious to boot!

400 ml coconut milk ((I used Ayam brand))Generous handful baby spinach1 medium sized avocado⅓-½ cup sweetener ((rice malt or maple syrup))15-20 drops food grade peppermint essential oil, (or peppermint essence, to taste)⅓ cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips if you'd preferPlace the coconut milk, baby spinach, avocado, sweetener and peppermint oil in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until creamy.

Taste the mixture to check the mint flavour and sweetness is right for you. I do find the flavour intensifies and is much more delicious when the mixture is frozen.

Fold in the cacao nibs or choc-chips and then pour into mould and freeze until firm.

Remove from the moulds and enjoy. I find running the mould under water helps to release the ice-blocks.

Fructose Friendly

Choose rice malt as your sweetener. 

Coconut-free

Replace the coconut milk with cows milk or a nut milk.

School lunchbox

You can always freeze this into re-usable pouches or little cups and pack from frozen for a icy morning tea. For heaps more lunchbox inspo (150 pages to be exact), take a look at my best selling ebook The Well Nourished Lunchbox. 

I hope you and your kids love this recipe as much as we do. Post a comment below and let me know.



[ad_2]

Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment